UNPACKING

Happy to be at the Isle of Palms beach, NC
Unpacking has been the theme for the last few weeks both literally and figuratively. I've been figuratively unpacking things in my spiritual life, emotional life and interpersonal/work life. God has really been revealing some good things to me.... and, some things that need to be left behind. It's sort of like that moment when you are packing and realize not everything is going to fit in the bag you need to take with you. You stop and look blankly at your suitcase trying to decide what can stay and what absolutely must go with you. God really helped me weed through things in that way the last few weeks. He helped me set aside things that just take up space and helped me pack the tools that I will need most in Papua New Guinea. Over the last few weeks I've picked up critical tools for spiritual growth and vitality and ways to stay spiritually healthy wherever I go. I found language and culture acquisition skills that fit perfectly with my style and will help me build good cross-cultural relationships and effective partnerships for gaining the mother tongue and practices of those I go to serve. I picked up new attitudes and skills in true servanthood and teamwork. Overall, even though I left some things behind, I feel God helped me pack just what I need for the road ahead.
Isle of Palms, NC. Beautiful sunset after an afternoon of play.

On the flip side, I literally packed and unpacked quite a bit. Stayed in North Carolina for a month for the Intercultural Training Coarse and then packed up a bag to take a speed trip to Charleston South Carolina with some new and old friends. Saw the beach and some delightful and beautiful historical areas and then was whisked back to the airport to fly home. When I got home I had the chance to spend a couple of days with the family on the majestic Pacific Ocean. Then I came home and have settled back (as much as I can) into the rhythm of work and life here in the northwest for a little while longer. Even though I'm unpacked, I feel ready to leave at a moment's notice to head forward in what God is doing in and through me. Thanks for being on this journey with me.
Charleston, NC on The Battery. Beautiful! 

Can you tell I liked this part?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons