A Peek Into What I've been Up To

So much has been going on that I thought I'd give you a mini photo journal to give you a window into my daily life here. So, here's a glimpse into some of the things I've been up to lately....

 I've been talking on the radio with the village team we support. It's neat to hear about how they are settling in, learning the language, meeting people and getting a feel for the work God has for them in the Pamosu language group. To the left is a picture of me at the radio when I was talking with the village team Courtney and I provide logistical, prayer and encouragement support to while they are here in Ukarumpa or away.
I've been crocheting with some friends. Recently a group of them asked me if I'd teach them how to crochet and now they're going gangbusters with it! It's so much fun to learn with them, compare projects and build relationships through something as simple and wonderful as crochet. To the right is my friend Dawn with some of the finished pieces of the blanket she's making. Isn't she doing awesome? Way better than my first crochet project. :)
Sometimes you just get desperate enough for real ice cream that you try the crazy recipe that says you can make it in a Ziploc. Well, they were right and we were so happy that we just about bust a couple of buttons. Yum! So happy to have ice cream (even if it still tastes like boxed milk).  
Yes, you're thinking correctly. I get to drive this bad boy when I'm on-call on the weekends. Its a land rover with4-wheel drive, a snorkel and a siren. How can it get any better than that?  Gotta say, I'm starting to love that thing, and I'm even coming to terms with the fact that it's a stick shift. Hahaha.
When you can't buy it, make it. Courtney and I were tired of having just the cold floor under our feet when we sat on the couch in the evening so we made this rug. It's a little better and was sure a lot of fun to make. We thought it would take a bout 20 movies to make, but in the end it only took about 10. 
And finally, pickles. I've been making all kinds of crazy things from scratch this month (english muffins, ice cream, granola, bread) so why not pickles? They turned out yummy and this will definitely go on the "make it again" list.

Well, its brief, but that's a snapshot into my life outside the clinic (mostly) and outside of ministry things. It's been fun to build relationships and learn new things. 

Comments

  1. Praying the Lord will bless the work of your hands and all you set out to do for HIM and the Gospel!! Be blessed! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons