Spring's Reminder of God's Faithful Love

     Pink and white plum blossoms open their delicate faces towards the brilliant blue sky. Crocuses stretch out of the dark brown earth and daffodils nod their approval, as a sun-warmed breeze blows the scents of flowers and earth past their little assembly. Spring is gently beginning to assert itself; creeping over the ground in little clusters of green stalks and flower buds wrapped and ready to burst, running its fingers over the trees as tiny shoots and new blossoms shake themselves loose from the hard, stiff bark. I’ve always loved Springtime, but this year, maybe because it’s my first time seeing Spring for 3 years, it’s having a much more profound effect on me. God is using Spring to remind me of His deep love and faithfulness that is as constant and trustworthy as Springtime, and as reliable as the rising and setting of the sun.

     It’s funny how easy it is to lose sight of the ever-present and incredible faithfulness of God, even when His handiwork and love are so evident in our lives. Maybe I’m the only one, but there are days when a phone call knocks me flat, or one more bill, or not being able to complete my list for the day, or having something fall through … again…that’s enough to bring out the melodramatic in me and make me feel like everything is falling apart. Really, when viewed objectively through the lens of Jesus, eternity, and even God’s daily faithfulness, it’s more than a little absurd. In fact, it’s a bit laughable. It’s like watching a two year old get frustrated because they cannot open a container that they want to get into. Their parent is standing right there, willing to help, but the child continues to fret and whine and refuse the very help that would relieve their distress. So often (let’s be honest, like, at least a dozen times a day), I’m very much like that two year old, or like the dramatic teenager that whines that their life is so unfair and that it’s over the moment something doesn’t go as planned.

     However, this year, God is reminding me of his unfailing love, care, compassion and mercy towards me. He’s reminding me in the azaleas, the tulips, the daffodils, the dogwoods and plum blossoms, and the life that is bursting forth from apparent death. God is so faithful, my friends. Let us cling, daily, to the truths, promises and unfailing faithfulness and love of our wonderful God and Savior, Jesus. Life is more than abundant in Him and always brings forth beauty and fruitfulness if we walk closely with Him.

Meg

P.S.
These verses have stood out to me lately as I’ve studied God’s Word. I hope they encourage you, whatever season you’re in right now.

Psalm 71:5-6

For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
I will ever praise you.

Psalm 27:13-14
I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Proverbs 23:18

There is surely a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

Psalm 116:7
Return to your rest, my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.

Psalm 94:18-19 NET
If I say, “My foot is slipping,” your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, your soothing touch makes me happy.

(NIV — When I said, “My foot is slipping, ”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons