Follow the Master

For some of you reading this blog may feel as though you are stepping in on a conversation that began some time ago, and as such may seem confusing or disorienting, and for others it will feel like you are finally sending me out on the first step of a long awaited and much planned for journey you have helped bring me to. However, whether you are the former or the latter I want you to know the incredible things God has done so that you can walk along side me into the wonderful and amazing things He has planned for the future. 

To go to the beginning of the conversation let me tell you a bit about myself. I grew up in church and called myself a Christian from a very young age. However, when I was nine I moved away from all of the things I thought I knew and I realized that my definition of Christianity was composed of following rules and traditions and making sure everyone saw me as a "Christian" when in fact I felt hollow, angry and lonely because I knew that all of my religious ways were an act. Finally, when I was eleven God confronted me about this and told me that I could not go on with my charade; I had to decide whether I was going to walk away from Jesus or follow Him with everything I had. That day I chose to follow Christ and my life has never been the same. 

When I was seven years old I knew that God was calling me to be a medical missionary in Asia. However, as my walk with God became a religion and not a relationship I suppressed that calling. But, the day I decided to wholeheartedly follow Jesus, He once again kindled in my heart this command to go to Asia. After that I applied myself in all of my studies: spiritual, academic, language and social. When I finished high school I felt that God was asking me to pursue a degree in nursing in order to prepare me for international medical missions. So, I applied to and was accepted to a university for nursing.  At the end of four years I found myself finishing a Bachelor's degree in Nursing and accepting my Registered Nurse licenses from two states since. 

Throughout that time God was growing me spiritually. I worked in my church to establish a system to disciple new Christ Followers in which I trained mentors to disciple new believers and I myself discipled new believers. I also worked on my campus to start a Bible studies designed to reach international students with the message of the gospel. And through these I grew into a leader I never saw myself becoming but that God desired all along. 

"What now?" you ask. Well, God is once again showing His hand in my life. I am working as a registered nurse to gain experience and to pay my remaining tuition, I am also leading a young adults Bible study/house church in my church and I serve in various other capacities. However, through all this I am preparing to launch into full time mission work in Asia. Being fully convinced that God desired that I go to Asia but not knowing where I began the week after graduation praying through the Operation World book for every Asian country - all 47 of them. Since then I believe that God has narrowed it down to 3 or 4. I also began researching mission agencies and seeking God's guidance about which He would have me partner with. I have also been taking online mission classes to prepare myself Biblically.

And so, you can now see where you've jumped into a stream that has been growing and building up momentum for the past 15 years in the heart of a young woman who desires to follow her Master to the unreached and unengaged of Asia. Want to come along? I guarantee with God you will always have the adventure of a lifetime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons