Indonesia

What amazing things God is doing!!
I wanted to tell you all of the most recent thing God is doing in preparing me for launching out onto the mission field. Through an amazing set of events God has given me the opportunity to go on a short term medical trip to Indonesia. I've included a copy of my support letter below.


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,                                                                                   

When I was seven years old, God very clearly impressed on me that I was to be a medical missionary in Asia. For over 16 years my heart has beat with this goal, my blood has burned with this passion and my steps have moved resolutely in this direction. As I have grown closer to Jesus He has indelibly burned a single purpose into my soul – to obey His command to go and make disciples among the people groups who have never heard of Jesus or His redemption, and to teach them to obey all Jesus taught.

This August I will be able to begin the international portion of the journey on which God is taking me. I have the opportunity to partner with New Heights Clinic and their Summer Medical Institute in bringing medical care into a tribe of people who have just heard of Jesus for the first time. Our team will be demonstrating the love of Jesus in support of what God has already been doing through the missionaries working among this tribe. We will be providing all types of medical care and basic health care training for local healthcare workers for two weeks among this tribe. After we leave, the missionaries will continue to work with this tribe and help develop an indigenous church within this people group.

I am excited about this trip for many reasons. First of all, this trip is a major milestone in my movement toward the long-term mission goal that God has laid before me. I will finally be able to integrate the medical and ministry skills that God has led me to develop for the call He’s placed on my life. Also, despite my desire to go on a short-term mission trip in preparation for long-term work, God has never released me to go, telling me that it was not yet time. However, God has overwhelmingly shown me that I am to go on this trip and that the time has now come for Him to begin moving me in the international direction.

As you can see, God has very special plans for this trip and I would love to have you as my partner in this journey. Most importantly I need you as a partner in prayer for our team, this tribe, and me. The kingdom of God is advanced and established on our knees and only God can meet the true needs of this precious people group.  Also, I know that you are aware that a trip like this is a significant step of faith. Although this trip is financially trim – the cost of $3,000.00 per team member includes international airfare, travel, room and board as well as medical supplies for the tribe – it is still a significant investment. Therefore, I also need some partners who would join with me in investing in this kingdom work.  

I am bursting with anticipation for what God will accomplish in Papua Indonesia, our team, and myself this August. If you would like to partner with me in prayer and/or financially please mail or email back the reply card included. If you wish to contribute financially please follow the instructions on the reply card. Whether you choose to partner with me in prayer and/or financially I would love to keep you updated regarding this trip and the future work God has for me. If you’d like to be included on my newsletter and update list just include your email and/or address and I will make sure that you hear about all the exciting work God is doing among this people group and in His plan for the future.

I look forward to hearing from you and to share with you the story of how God is advancing His
kingdom and glory among the unreached tribes of Indonesia.

                                                                                                            Christ Follower,
                                                                                                       Megan Reed, RN, BSN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons