Faith Like Potatoes


"The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility"
                                           ~Angus Buchan

One of my favorite movies is the true life story of a preacher from South Africa. That sounds like a boring start, but let me tell you, his life is anything but boring. The movie tells the story of how he moves from a life of anger and desperation to one of bold, fulfilled faith and how he trusts God for the impossible. He sees God come through in an amazing way when he feels God asks him to plant potatoes, a water dependent crop, during one of South Africa's worst droughts. The results were incredible and Angus went from being an obscure farmer to a great preacher and through all that he made the statement above, "The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility."

The last few days I've been praying and feeling like I'm facing impossibility. 

the impossibility of a license, work permit and visa coming in less than 3 months. 
the impossibility of getting into a training program that's beyond full and stacking up a waiting list
the impossibility of ...... and the list goes on. 

But....

As I've been praying I have also been feeling a confirmation in my spirit that God has these things under control and that He is just asking me to have a bold faith for His work and his hand. 

In Exodus 14:13 Moses and the Israelites were caught between the Red Sea and the Egyptian army but Moses, having heard from the Lord told the Israelites, ""Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today." I believe that is what the Lord is telling me today. Stand still. Trust what I've told you and wait to see what I am going to do. 

Trusting God for the "potatoes" I need....
~ Megan~


(more of Angus Buchan's story: http://www.joymag.co.za/mag/3-2006/3-2006-angus.php)


“There is power in prayer. When men work, they work. but when men pray, God works.” Angus Buchan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons