Now We See Through A Glass Darkly.....

"For now we see through a glassdarkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 
1 Corinthians 13:12

     Tomorrow I will work my last day at the job I've had for the last two years. It truly has been one of the best jobs I've ever had and I'm sad to leave it. However, I am excited in another way because its yet another tangible step on the path toward God's calling on my life. Everyday I'm getting one step closer to leaving for Papua New Guinea in January. 

        As I was sitting down to write this post and considering all of the changes going on in preparation to leave long-term to the mission field I thought of the verse above. The verse right before it is one that's been rumbling around in my brain through this whole process, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." In many ways, making the decision to seriously walk towards long-term missions work has been a steady process of becoming more and more mature in new areas of my life and of putting away childish ways. However, when I set about sharing my thoughts with you and thought back to 1 Corinthians 13:12 I finally put the pieces together of verse 11 and 12. As I put the ways of childhood behind me I begin to see, even if it's a dim reflection, of who God is and what He is doing and it's the glimmer of the promised hope that God gives us. I'm beginning to know God more deeply in this process, but He promises that then I will know Him fully even as He knows me fully now. 

     So, even though I'm going through a myriad of emotions and the stripping away process of surrendering everything I've clung to (friends, family, job, identity, finances, etc...) God is comforting me with the hope of knowing Him more and seeing the things that He will do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons