A Leap of Faith

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

What an amazing time I'm walking through right now! It's also an incredibly uncertain time as I'm walking into a great unknown. Since my last post I:
  •  received my visa and permission to purchase tickets to Papua New Guinea. 
  • I had my church commission me and I had a send off party to say goodbye for now and thank you to my partners here in the Pacific Northwest. 
Now, I am facing the certainty of my departure date: January 7th. Twenty-six days from now I get on a plane and leave all I know to embark on God's adventure for me in missions. That's exciting.... and daunting. 

    One of my mentors put it this way. When we choose to follow Jesus anywhere -- missions, ministry, being a stay at home Mom, business -- we are choosing to trust in the "Known Unknown." What he means is, that when we follow Jesus we are putting our faith in Jesus. We don't know everything about Jesus or what He has planned for us, but we do know Him. And because we know Him, we can walk confidently into what we don't know, because He is with us and directing our paths. In the last few days God has really been impressing on me that I need to trust Him in everything. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially and relationally. So, I'm planning to make a leap of faith into the known unknown in less than a month and I am asking that I would meet God in a deeper, new, and more intimate way as I make this journey and I'm excited to see what is just beyond my sight on this God-sized endeavor.

Holding onto Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons