Christmas and Beyond

The Parliament Building in Victoria, BC

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 
     Christmas often is one of the busiest times of the year and yet one of the best and I think that is definitely true for me. Just to give you a bit of an update and a recap I'll tell you what's been going on this month before we ring in the new year. At the beginning of the month I had my church commissioning, send off party and final approval to be released for field service! God has done some incredible things and I'm so excited about His amazing work and purposes. 
Gingerbread house about a
little boy's imagination

   After all the mad rush of the beginning of the month my family and I decided to take a few days away together for a quick family vacation. We drove up to northern Washington and took a ferry to Victoria, BC -- a place that we've had many wonderful memories and vacations over the years in the Pacific Northwest. It was wonderful! We explored the city of Victoria and enjoyed the Christmas decorations and spirit around the town. We went into little shops we'd never seen before, enjoyed "proper British tea" at Murchie's, and trotted through the downtown on a horse drawn trolley. We were able to go to a gingerbread house competition/show and saw the neatest designs and greatest creativity I've ever seen with gingerbread houses. They were so detailed and so well thought out. I really enjoyed it! 
Bilbo's hobbit house: Bag End
 The next day we went to see a festival of trees in the Empress Hotel and were blown away by the almost 75 trees  that were on display there. Victoria was truly magical and we had a really relaxing and enjoyable time there together, just enjoying each other and the beautiful city we'd come to love over the years.

After we left Victoria we traveled from Sydney on Vancouver Island, Cananda to Anacortes, WA on a ferry that weaves between the San Juan Islands. I love ferries and especially this one. There's nothing more beautiful and rugged than the coast and islands in the Northwest. We spent the evening in a little city called Edmonds and enjoyed the drive back to Vancouver the next day. It was truly a wonderful time.

   We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas together and with the rest of the family, visiting relatives on Christmas day and spending time with everyone. It's truly been a sweet time and I'm so grateful the Lord gave me this precious time with friends and family before I go.

I pray that God fills you with His joy and presence in this season and throughout the year!

Christ Follower,
Meg
Looking south from the Ferry from Port Angeles, WA to Victoria, BC at sunrise.
Inexpressibly beautiful! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons