Hello from Madang, Papua New Guinea!

Can you believe I've been in Papua New Guinea for over a week? I started the Pacific Orientation Course last week and I am really enjoying it! It is a course designed to equip missionaries going to the Pacific area with the tools necessary to thrive in the physical, relational, cultural and spiritual context of the Pacific (that includes areas like Papua New Guinea (PNG), Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, etc…). We get the chance to be immersed in Melanesian culture, to learn Tok Pisin from Papua New Guineans and start mastering basic skills for basic and outdoor living here in the Pacific. It's such a great opportunity and I'm thankful that I have this time unencumbered by other responsibilities to really start to get to know Papua New Guineans and learn from and with them. 

My heart, as many of you know, is not only to live and work her in PNG but to get to know Papua New Guineans well. I want to be able to do life with them, do ministry with them and really build humble, meaningful relationships with them. I want to work with them as they see their friends and families who don't know Christ come to know Him and to learn from those who walk with Christ to know Him in a new way from their eyes. This is such a fabulous opportunity for that and I'm excited to see what the weeks ahead hold. 

Soooo, this coming week you can be praying for me in the following ways:
  • Continued adjustment in transition (time, climate, living situation, culture)
  • Spiritual health and vitality (refreshing time with Christ)
  • Physical health (lots of new foods and bugs in this area for my body to get used to)
  • Learning new things (Language, culture, cooking/food prep in this area of the world)



Until next weeks' update…..

Christ Follower,
Megan

P.S.
I'll try to share pictures occasionally but I haven't had the time to upload them yet so you'll have to wait in suspense. ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons