Transition From Home to Home

Mt. Hood in Oregon
I sighed and closed my eyes. Although the tension had been draining from my knotted shoulders for a couple of weeks I could feel the old familiar twinge cramping it's fingers around my muscles. I should write. I should say something. I should introspect and find something profound to say, something profound to think. I should really be thinking more intentionally about where I've been and where I'm going as I transition from Papua New Guinea back to the USA.

I breathe again, slowly pulling air into my nose and forcing it out of my mouth between pursed lips. So complicated. How do I begin to unravel the last few years and my first term as a missionary in Papua New Guinea? How can I even begin to contemplate what the next, few brief months will bring before I start my second term? How do I even start to process them both and describe them both and share them both? I want to, I just don't know how.

So, here I sit, writing about how I don't know how to write what's in my head and on my heart, probably because I am struggling to sort it out and quantify it myself. It's beautiful and frustrating and amazing and challenging and exciting and mystifying and exhausting and incredible, but I suppose that doesn't really help communicate it, now does it. My heart is filled with the beauty and hardship and tough lessons and incredible God-stories of this first term on the field. It's also filled with hopes and needs and dreams and fears and uncertainties and plans and strategies for my time home and returning to PNG. It's a complicated time and even more complicated to communicate to those around me. I want to invite them in, to let them see what's going on and to journey with me -- good, bad and in between.


 I guess I'll just have to let you in on my in-between and we can sort it out together, one step of the journey at a time.

Comments

  1. You are amazing! I am so glad that you have this time here for us to get to know each other I asked God to tell me a little bit more about you yesterday and I open up Facebook and get to read all your blogs, He knows how to fulfill a question when you ask him. Look forward to spending time with you love knowing how to pray for you have a beautiful day hugs and I am sure you are right where God wants you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I picked this phone up this morning and right their 1st thing was your blog, and I was able to read all about you to day, exactly what I asked God to tell me about you. Love you, I know you're right where you're supposed to be Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it well. God bless you as you continue this journey into the land of the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons