Joy in Thanksgiving (and some photos from the last month)

In the last month or so I've been working on reading Ann Voskamp's One-Thousand Gifts. It's been humbling and challenging. I think her message -- that the discipline of thankfulness leads to a full, joyful life -- is one that the Lord has been trying to get across to me this last month because it's been popping up everywhere. In my morning devotionals (all three of them), in emails from friends, in radio messages and sermons, and in my times of solitude with the Lord. I've been pleasantly surprised that, as I give thanks to the Lord (something so seemingly simple to me), I've been filled with a joy I have not felt in a long time. I've been more at peace and more filled with contentment as I've set the gaze of my soul more intently on the Lord in an attitude of thanksgiving. It's been delightful and refreshing. So, I want to share a little of my daily thanksgiving and joy with you by sharing a few photos of what I've been thankful for in the past month. I hope you enjoy it and that it spurs you on to joy through thanksgiving in the coming week!

Christ Follower, 
Megan       
P.S.
Also, not pictured but something I wanted to mention, I was so grateful to be able to spend some time with folks from my sending church this last month. I got to pray and sing with them and spend time with the kids in Sunday school. Such a blessing to get to know all of them better! 

Photo Journal of the last month:
Painting during the remodel at our house -- one of my favorite jobs! 

The Oregon coast at Fort Stevens with the wreck of an old ship
on the right
 (the Peter Iredale for those who are curious)
Playing a codebreaker game with my brother during
our weekend at the coast. So relaxing and refreshing.
A wonderful evening with my best friend from college.
She's getting married this month but she took the time to go to a concert
and dinner with me. :) Thanks Care!  


Blast from the Past! Jaci Velasquez concert with my friend Care.
So wonderful. I forgot how much I love her music. 




Didn't think I would have this opportunity again so soon!
Went with the family to cut down our Christmas tree for the year. So much fun!
Never a dull moment with these guys. :)

Tree trimming party with our "extended family"
of friends. We had a great time together decorating
tree, sitting in front of the fire, cutting out paper
snowflakes and frosting Christmas cookies. 
Some examples of our cookie escapades. I'd say
we had too much fun don't you think? 
Our "extended family" during our tree trimming party. Thanks everyone for making the beginning of the Christmas season special for us! You are awesome and such a blessing! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons