You Can Learn a Lot of Things from the Flowers

“ Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith!” Luke 12:27-28 NIV


     I love the Spring. I feel as if I myself come alive and bend my face toward the sun just as the little flowers poke through the dark earth and lean toward the soft sunrays. With all the hustle and bustle of building a partner team for my Wycliffe ministry in Papua New Guinea and trying to cut down to a part time position at my work I had hardly noticed the beauty that was bursting around me in classic Northwest style. Thankfully, my best friend knew I needed a minute away to refocus myself and earlier this month she took me to one of my favorite places: The Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. It’s one of the most beautiful places in the Spring and a great oasis in the middle of bustling city life.

As I walked down into the first dell of beautiful flowers and cascading waterfalls I immediately felt refreshed. I felt a simple joy as I examined the flowers and watched the bumble bees hard at work, humming from blossom to blossom. We wandered further into the giant garden and I could not help thinking, what an amazing and wonderful God I serve. He’s perfectly designed every flower and artfully crafts each as though they were painted with an artist’s brush.
 

God is so gracious to give us such beauty and remind us that He is so much bigger and more capable than we could ever imagine. In the midst of my stress and worrying He used the flowers to remind me, just as He reminded His disciples, that He is in control of both the small and the large things in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brokenness, Hope, and the Now and Not Yet

A Creepy Crawly Welcome

Seasons